Clinigen Group plc is a rapidly-growing global specialty pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses focused on delivering the right medicine to the right patient at the right time to improve the quality of people’s lives around the world. The group consists of complementary businesses that focus on key areas of global medicine supply: clinical trial, unlicensed and licensed medicines. Our businesses can operate efficiently in a complex global regulatory environment and can ensure that precious medicines are delivered securely and effectively, wherever they are needed throughout the product lifecycle.
We are currently 1200+ people, headquartered in the UK, with sites in Burton-on-Trent, Weybridge and the North East and global offices in the US, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, South Africa, Singapore and Athens. Clinigen is a rapidly growing company that has a great future ahead. To sustain our growth, we’re always on the lookout for motivated, ambitious and committed individuals to join our highly successful team.
The Supply and Demand Director will lead the supply and Demand team to ensure Clinigen medicines get to the right patients at the right time through an efficient and effective global supply chain. Managing the operational relationship with CMOs manufacturing product on our behalf and ensuring we meet the commercial ambition.
Location for the role is flexible as the successful applicant could be based at any of our three UK sites: Weybridge, Burton-On-Trent or Newcastle Upon Tyne although flexibility to travel is essential.
Responsibilities (Not exhaustive)
- Accountability for Product supplied by CMO’s, end to end, working to eliminate any risk to supply of product to patients
- Lead the Supply and Demand team
- Accountable for forecast accuracy
- Ensuring product demand forecasts are translated into a robust commercial supply plan
- Inventory management – accountable for ensuring sufficient global inventory of finished goods can meet patient demand and financial targets
- Planning parameters – lead time, order quantities and vendor capacity
- Accountable for product transfers
- Lead artwork and packaging team ensure a smooth transition of new products and line extensions to routine commercial supply
- Work closely with the regulatory, quality, technical and artwork leads to ensure a smooth transition of new products and line extensions to routine commercial supply
- Management of Contract Manufacturers
- Lead the end-to-end supply chain and planning activities required to maintain inventories to support the commercial forecasts and within agreed parameters
- Chair / sponsor the monthly S&OP meeting to review and update supply chain planning for all commercial medicines and provide on-time output to CMOs for forecasting and ordering purposes
- Degree in life sciences or equivalent
- Experience within supply chain for a pharmaceutical company
- Previous experience of working in an international environment would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP), e.g. SAP, Oracle, NAV
- Data management / Excel spreadsheet manipulation / Business Analytics
- Proven capabilities and experience of project management
- Previous experience of budget control and responsibility
- Proven acumen in negotiating and executing manufacturing and supply contracts
- Strong leadership in a complex environment with high levels of uncertainty around predicted or future demand
- Solution-orientated with the ability to proactively identify and solve problems
- Understanding of the Clinigen medicines and disease areas we operate in would be an advantage
- Demonstrate highly developed interpersonal skills, both written and verbal with an ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees across international markets
- Capable of building positive relationships with suppliers, customers (internal & external), colleagues and relevant industry contacts
If this role is of interest to you, please email a recent copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.