Clinigen Group plc is a rapidly-growing global specialty pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses focused on delivering the right medicine to the right patient at the right time to improve the quality of people’s lives around the world. The Group consists of five synergistic businesses focused in three areas of global medicine supply: clinical trial, unlicensed and licensed medicines. Our group of complementary businesses can operate efficiently in a complex global regulatory environment and can ensure that precious medicines are delivered securely and effectively, wherever they are needed throughout the product lifecycle. Through five businesses, Clinigen Clinical Trial Services, Idis Managed Access, Idis Global Access, Link Healthcare and Clinigen Specialty Pharmaceuticals, we provide patient access to our own and other pharmaceutical companies’ products, whether to meet unmet medical needs or for use in clinical trials. We are currently 500+ people, headquartered in Burton-on-Trent in the UK, with offices in London, Weybridge, Surrey, The US, Australia, China, Japan, South Africa and Singapore. With a customer services team who speak over 19 languages between them, our clients from all over the world find us easy to do business with, while physicians and pharmacists find us a valuable source of information about how to access the medicines they need for their patients.
This role is responsible for account management of key suppliers (manufacturers and wholesalers) and acquisition of products in order to meet the demands of sales and maximize margin. The Key responsibilities for this role are to:
The successful candidate will have experience of the following:
- Handling Sourcing Enquiries and supporting Tenders for stock lines in order to ensure competitiveness and maximise profitability
- Proactively look for the most advantageous territories and suppliers to purchase from in a regulatory compliant manner
- Pursue multiple options to achieve cost reductions e.g. negotiate rebates, exploit price breaks, mitigate cost price increases, improve payment terms, etc.
- Tendering of large value product requirements where appropriate
- Minimize commercial risk by ensuring favourable contractual terms are negotiated
- Develop and expand global supplier base to contribute to the global sourcing strategy