Clinigen Group plc is a rapidly-growing global specialty pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses. Our divisions operate in a complex global regulatory environment and ensure that vital medicines are delivered securely, on time and wherever they are needed in the world.
We are currently 1,200 people, headquartered in the UK, with sites in Burton-on-Trent, Weybridge and Burnopfield with global offices in the US, EU, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, South Africa, Singapore and Greece. Clinigen has grown rapidly since it began in 2010 and is positioned well for an exciting future of continued growth. To sustain our growth, we’re on the lookout for motivated, ambitious and committed individuals to join our highly successful global team.
At Clinigen we are proud of our heritage in delivering important medicines to patients worldwide. The Commercial Medicines division works with a number of products globally and has improved patient access as a result. We aim to continue this mission through a combination of organic growth of the existing portfolio and by acquiring new products.
The Product Manager - Generics position is a brand new and critical role in supporting the day to day management of our Generics portfolio. The role will join at an exciting time for the Commercial Medicine business with an ever-increasing portfolio of new generic products coming through for launch. With this increase there is a need for extensive internal and external collaboration, production of a range of promotional materials and commercial management to ensure the delivery of the huge potential which the generics portfolio is forecasted to provide to Clinigen.
Product Portfolio Management
- Daily management of commercial activities in the UK
- Daily management of pricing, product expiry, customer service queries and general customer liaison
- Commercial management duties with mainline, shortline and retail customers
- New product launch meetings
- Ensure an accurate pricing file is maintained by customer service and finance
- Customer review meetings to maximise the potential of the current portfolio
- Management of marketing agencies, Veeva/Zinc approval process and general maintenance of promotional materials
- Working closely with distributor partners to deliver marketing support;
- In collaboration with medical contacts and international KOLs
- International congress attendance
- Global marketing support
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in support functions (Medical, Supply Chain, Regulatory Affairs) that have a direct impact on the delivery of stated objectives for the generic portfolio and in conjunction with Supply Chain and through the S&OP process ensure robust demand plan forecasts are available to maintain continuity of supply and minimize out of stocks (internationally)
- Track pricing and discounts to ensure the desired commercial objectives are maintained
- Respond to tenders (ITTs) for products in the portfolio as required
- Develop market intelligence to evaluate new generic product development opportunities on a global basis
- Management of contract and pricing negotiations
- Work closely with the internal cross functional team to ensure appropriate plans are in place for the immediate commercial launch of new products once the Marketing Authorisation has been granted
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in support functions (Medical, Supply Chain, Regulatory Affairs) that have a direct impact on the delivery of stated objectives for the generic portfolio
- Management of sales and marketing expenditure as approved in the budget
- Research and anticipate external factors affecting the products in the portfolio by remaining up to date on all external developments within the areas such as legislation, the customer base and wider payor environment
- International pricing strategy management – ensuring an accurate international pricing file is maintained and international pricing strategy is maximising the global generics opportunity
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience in a commercial role working with licensed generics or unlicensed products
- Experience of the ABPI code and promotional material development
- Experience of working with a marketing agency
- Degree is an advantage
- Proven capabilities and experience of cross functional team working is highly desirable.
- Previous experience of budget control and responsibility
- Self – starter, able to complete tasks and manage deadlines
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and with an attention to detail
- Well-developed negotiating skills
- An understanding or previous experience of product development would be an advantage
- Highly numerate and financially astute
- Excellent communication / influencing skills
- Capable of building positive relationships with customers (internal & external), colleagues and relevant industry contacts
If this role is of interest to you, please send a recent copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.