Due to expansion of our capabilities Quantum Pharmaceutical is looking for a passionate Pharmaceutical Project Manager to work from our County Durham facility.
To date Quantum Pharmaceutical has been market leading in delivering unlicensed medicines to meet complex patient needs. After the successful audit of our premises, equipment, people and processes, we are excited to move on to the next phase of development, manufacturing and supplying Commercial Licensed Products
Quantum Pharmaceutical is part of Clinigen plc, a rapidly-growing global specialty pharmaceutical and services company, with a unique combination of businesses focused on delivering the right medicine to the right patient at the right time to improve the quality of people’s lives around the world. The group consists of complementary businesses that focus on key areas of global medicine supply: clinical trial, unlicensed and licensed medicines. Our businesses can operate efficiently in a complex global regulatory environment and can ensure that precious medicines are delivered securely and effectively, wherever they are needed throughout the product lifecycle.
We are currently 800+ people, headquartered in the UK with sites and subsidiaries in Burton-on-Trent, Weybridge, the North East and global offices in the US, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, South Africa, Singapore and Athens. Clinigen is a rapidly growing company that has a great future ahead. To sustain our growth we’re always on the lookout for motivated, ambitious and committed individuals to join our highly successful team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful Pharmaceutical Project Manager will be responsible for all NPI and technical transfer duties across the business for both existing and new products.
The key responsibilities for this role include (but not limited to):
- Give day to day project leadership for both new product developments and the technical transfer of existing licensed products from 3rd party CMOs.
- Extend project management skills to incorporate the development of site, equipment and services as the business expands.
- Be key point of contact for both external Customers and Customers in Group, managing relationships to ensure expectations are met and managed where required.
- Prepare quotes for development and manufacture.
- Provide forecast project cost and revenue figures to finance colleagues in order to maintain business forecasts and budget control.
- Work closely with Head of Procurement to support healthy supply chain management of raw materials, packaging, production/lab equipment and 3rd party laboratory services throughout project lifecycle.
- Create monthly project status reports for the Managing Director to support executive reporting to the PLC Board on progress to plans.
This is a highly important role to the business that requires the candidate to have excellent experience in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry.
The ideal Pharmaceutical Project Manager:
- Hold a project management qualification such as PRINCE2 or similar in order to ensure the application of tried and tested tools and techniques to deliver success.
- Experienced in working in high pressure regulated environments having to comply with the principles of GMP and operating within the framework of the PQS (Pharmaceutical Quality System).
- Will have proven capability in the development and launch of new pharmaceutical products and the technical transfer of products from other 3rd party CMOs.
- Will have sound knowledge of multiple dosage forms and a strong technical background in processes and equipment.
- Able to work with existing stakeholders in order to manage and facilitate change in a safe and compliant manner.
- Flexible and committed in order to work around current business needs.
The Pharmaceutical Project Manager is a new role within the business so an excellent opportunity for the right person to come on board and make the role their own. Working closely with the MD, you will have a direct impact on the strategy of the business and will provide expertise across all departments.