Clinigen Group plc is a rapidly-growing global specialty pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses focused on delivering the right medicine to the right patient at the right time to improve the quality of people’s lives around the world. The group consists of complementary businesses that focus on key areas of global medicine supply: clinical trial, unlicensed and licensed medicines. Our businesses can operate efficiently in a complex global regulatory environment and can ensure that precious medicines are delivered securely and effectively, wherever they are needed throughout the product lifecycle.
We are currently 1200+ people, headquartered in the UK, with sites in Burton-on-Trent, Weybridge and the North East and global offices in the US, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, South Africa, Singapore and Athens. Clinigen is a rapidly growing company that has a great future ahead. To sustain our growth, we’re always on the lookout for motivated, ambitious and committed individuals to join our highly successful team.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Paralegal will support the legal and compliance function in providing high quality and timely legal support
- Manage the GEMs database (document storage system)
- Engage with legal team, finance and others to take leading role in the execution of contracts via Docusign system
- Liaise with customers and agencies in relation to the preparation, review and negotiation of CDA’s, consultancy contracts and such other agreements required by the legal team
- Set up and manage the legal sharepoint site
- Provide support to Legal team on corporate matters as required from time to time
- Provide support on company secretarial matters and engage with external company secretarial service providers
- Help legal team with other projects
- Provide admin and logistical support to Legal team such as researching, drafting, checking documents
- Provide ad hoc legal support to the Legal team as required from time to time
- Keep up to date with UK Company laws to ensure we are in full compliance
The successful Paralegal will have the following:
- Possession of a Law Degree (UK)
- Knowledge of English law or other common law jurisdiction is essential
- Demonstrable experience of a UK (or other common law) legal working environment is advantageous, as is the ability to understand common law commercial contracts
- Well organised and pro-active
- Logical and process-minded with a keen eye for detail
- Inquisitive and unafraid to challenge the status quo or key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop relationships with all parts of the business including the executive leadership team
- The capacity for periodic travel between UK offices is a requirement of this role.
- Ideally have previous experience of working with Sharepoint / other contract data base.
- Excellent IT skills, including use of Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ideally have experience in dealing with company secretarial matters.
If this role is of interest to you, please email a recent copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.