Clinigen Group plc is a rapidly-growing global specialty pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses. Our divisions operate in a complex global regulatory environment and ensure that vital medicines are delivered securely, on time and wherever they are needed in the world.
We are currently 1,200 people, headquartered in the UK, with sites in Burton-on-Trent, Weybridge and Burnopfield with global offices in the US, EU, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, South Africa, Singapore and Greece. Clinigen has grown rapidly since it began in 2010 and is positioned well for an exciting future of continued growth. To sustain our growth, we’re on the lookout for motivated, ambitious and committed individuals to join our highly successful global team.
At Clinigen we are proud of our heritage in delivering important medicines to patients worldwide. The Commercial Medicines division works with a number of products globally and has improved patient access as a result. We aim to continue this mission through a combination of organic growth of the existing portfolio and by acquiring new products.
The Market Analyst, Commercial Medicines is a key role in supporting our product team in forecasting, planning, tracking and analysing business performance. The role will work closely with several stakeholders across the business to provide insight and enable business decisions through modelling and data analytics.
The successful candidate will work across our current focus areas within haematology, oncology and rare diseases at a global level to support the mission of the Commercial Medicines team.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
Sales & Operations Planning
- Collation and analysis of sales of Commercial Medicine’s products across all operating companies and external partners across the globe.
- Working closely with finance to ensure consistent reporting and alignment of assumptions between demand models and finance models.
- In conjunction with Supply Chain and through the S&OP process ensure robust demand plan forecasts are available to maintain continuity of supply and minimize out of stocks.
- Development and maintenance of a reporting suite to monitor distributor performance vs contractual obligations and / or budgeted assumptions.
Financial Forecasting & Modelling
- In conjunction with the Commercial Management Team build and maintain detailed market models for the Commercial Medicines portfolio that can feed into strategic (3-5 year) and operational (1 year) plans for each of the products.
- Own and co-ordinate the formulation of key assumptions for the budgeting and forecasting process across the portfolio.
- Carry out scenario modelling and sensitivity analysis on the key assumptions driving the models for each of the products.
- Monthly analysis of sales performance vs budget highlighting any variances and / or change in key assumptions.
- Influence business decision making by providing insight into market sales trends using modelling and data analytics techniques.
Market intelligence & provision of data services
Compile and submit quarterly sales data to the Dept of Health and Social care in the UK
Provide ad-hoc analytical support to the Commercial Medicines Product team.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Highly numerate and financially astute
- Experience of commercial analytical support
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical skills providing innovative solutions and able build and maintain complex market models across a range of products
- Experience in interpreting sales data, managing forecasts and feeding into budgeting processes.
- Previous experience of working in a commercial pharmaceutical product environment would be an advantage
- Previous experience of working in an international environment would be an advantage
- Self – starter, able to complete tasks and manage deadlines
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, to deadlines and with an attention to detail
- Demonstrate highly developed interpersonal skills, both written and verbal with an ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees across international markets
- Excellent communication / influencing skills
- Capable of building positive relationships with customers (internal & external), colleagues and relevant industry contacts
If this role is of interest to you, please send a recent copy of your CV to email@example.com and a member of the Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.