Clinigen Group plc is a rapidly-growing global specialty pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses focused on delivering the right medicine to the right patient at the right time to improve the quality of people’s lives around the world. The group consists of complementary businesses that focus on key areas of global medicine supply: clinical trial, unlicensed and licensed medicines. Our businesses can operate efficiently in a complex global regulatory environment and can ensure that precious medicines are delivered securely and effectively, wherever they are needed throughout the product lifecycle.
We are currently 800+ people, headquartered in the UK, with sites in Burton-on-Trent, Weybridge and the North East and global offices in the US, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, South Africa, Singapore and Athens. Clinigen is a rapidly growing company that has a great future ahead. To sustain our growth we’re always on the lookout for motivated, ambitious and committed individuals to join our highly successful team.
The role is responsible for providing front line HR advice and working with the broader HR Team to manage generalist HR activity including HR administration, employee relations, recruitment support, policy and procedure, reporting and HR projects.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
HR Co-ordination and Employee Relations
- Front line HR advice and guidance to line managers and employees.
- First-line contact for all employees and management in relation to HR queries regarding pay, benefits, policy and procedure, employee relations, etc.
- Actively manage and support employee relations cases including disciplinary, grievance, attendance / absence management, performance management and probation reviews; with the support and guidance of the Head of HR Operations.
Recruitment and onboarding
- Support the recruitment process, including preparation of recruitment documents, drafting and placement of job adverts, coordination of interview schedules and testing, liaison with candidates and recruitment agencies, conduct telephone screens and interviews with hiring managers.
- Administer the full onboarding and induction process for new employees including preparation of contractual documentation and ensuring compliance with safer recruitment practices such as Right to Work, DBS checks and medical clearances.
- Ensure exit interviews are conducted for all staff and quarterly summaries are compiled and escalated for trend analysis with the HR Business Partners.
Payroll, Compensation & Benefits
- Take ownership for the collation and verification of all UK & IE payroll amendments and processing monthly, liaising with the Group’s external payroll provider and Finance team to ensure staff are paid correctly and on time.
- To prepare all letters or contracts for any changes to employee terms and conditions in line with the appropriate documentation and relevant approvals.
HR Systems & Reporting
- Ensure the ClinigenOne system accurately reflects current employee conditions and details.
- Design and produce regular statistical reports on HR Key Performance Indicators for management board reports and people managers within the business; obtaining the necessary input from regional HR Business Partners as necessary.
- Provide Clinigen organograms (with names and without names) for audit and wider business use, adding to the shared drives and intranet monthly.
- Experience of providing strong advisory and administrative support, working alongside a team of HR professionals.
- Experience dealing with employees at all levels, including senior management.
- Experience of the end-to-end employee life-cycle from recruitment through to exit, including resourcing experience related to CV screening and candidate interviews / assessments.
- Experience managing employee relations cases, holding interviews and running induction meetings.
- Experience of producing accurate contractual documentation and correspondence alongside maintaining comprehensive records.
- Experience of administering monthly payroll in conjunction with third party service provider.
- Demonstrable experience of providing advice on employment terms, conditions, policies and procedures in line with current employment law guidelines and best practice.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and be proactive, learning on the job and keeping up-to-date with changes in employment legislation which could impact HR advice.
- Proven ability of meeting tight deadlines without compromising on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven ability of acting with confidentiality and dealing sensitively and appropriately with confidential information.
- Experience of prioritising own workload, excellent time management and dealing with conflicting priorities when working to deadlines and within defined standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and able to communicate to diverse range of internal and external stakeholders clearly and effectively. Proficient in the use of general IT systems and applications including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel.
- CPP/CIPD qualification (or studying towards) is highly desirable.
- Experience of utilising Oracle HR system would be advantageous.
If this role is of interest to you please send a recent copy of your CV to email@example.com and a member of the HR team will be in touch.