Clinigen Group plc is a rapidly-growing global specialty pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses focused on delivering the right medicine to the right patient at the right time to improve the quality of people’s lives around the world. The group consists of complementary businesses that focus on key areas of global medicine supply: clinical trial, unlicensed and licensed medicines. Our businesses can operate efficiently in a complex global regulatory environment and can ensure that precious medicines are delivered securely and effectively, wherever they are needed throughout the product lifecycle.
We are currently 800+ people, headquartered in the UK, with sites in Burton-on-Trent, Weybridge and the North East and global offices in the US, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, South Africa, Singapore and Athens. Clinigen is a rapidly growing company that has a great future ahead. To sustain our growth we’re always on the lookout for motivated, ambitious and committed individuals to join our highly successful team.
The HR Business Partner role will work closely with the management team and employees within their partner department/division; supporting them to achieve the optimum performance from their people resource.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Ensure HR support is aligned to the business plans and KPIs/objectives for the partner division/department; identify and address any people issues impacting delivery of these.
- Ensure senior managers are aware of all key people matters for their teams and work in partnership to identify priorities and build into a people plan for the department.
- Produce monthly reports against specific people measures for the partner division/department
- Attend regular management and team meetings for the partner function.
Talent and performance management
- Ensure all employees have SMART objectives, aligned to Group and team objectives, that are reviewed regularly and address any ‘off track’ areas.
- Map skills requirements and competency levels for the team and work with the L&D partner to develop and implement a plan to close any gaps; feed this into individual development plans.
- Ensure a succession plan is in place for the department and that this is supported by development and resourcing plans.
Resourcing and Structure
- Regularly review the effectiveness of the team structure and ways of working with the wider business, make recommendations for improvement where necessary. Manage changes appropriately, ensuring compliance with employment legislation and associated best practice.
- Ensure there is a resourcing plan in place for the division/department; drawing on the short and mid term plans for the area and the outputs from the succession plan and skills gap assessment.
- Support hiring managers with recruitment, working together with the Resourcing Partner and HR Operations team.
Culture and engagement
- Drive the right behaviours across the teams; proactively encourage cross department/region collaborative working and big picture thinking. Champion the Clinigen Way.
- Ensure the teams are actively involved and engaged in companywide initiatives and events.
- Support the Head of HR Projects with the roll out of group wide HR projects; ensuring successful implementation for the partner division/department.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience operating in a similar role is essential; demonstrable experience of working autonomously and making decisions
- CIPD qualified (or equivalent) is highly desirable although not essential depending on experience
- Strong, up to date knowledge of UK employment law
- Confident dealing with senior managers and employees at all levels
- Experience of partnering diverse teams across multiple sites; comfortable with travel ~4 days pcm
- Experience working in pharmaceutical / healthcare / life sciences industry advantageous
- English and Maths GCSE grades A-B (or equivalent)
- Highly computer literate; experience operating with all Microsoft Office software
- Experience of using Oracle ERP system advantageous
If this role is of interest to you please send a recent copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the HR team will be in touch.