Clinigen Group plc is a rapidly-growing global specialty pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses focused on delivering the right medicine to the right patient at the right time to improve the quality of people’s lives around the world. The group consists of complementary businesses that focus on key areas of global medicine supply: clinical trial, unlicensed and licensed medicines. Our businesses can operate efficiently in a complex global regulatory environment and can ensure that precious medicines are delivered securely and effectively, wherever they are needed throughout the product lifecycle.
We are currently 1200+ people, headquartered in the UK, with sites in Burton-on-Trent, Weybridge and the North East and global offices in the US, Asia Pacific, South Africa, and across Europe. Clinigen is a rapidly growing company that has a great future ahead. To sustain our growth, we’re always on the lookout for motivated, ambitious and committed individuals to join our highly successful team.
Based in the North East and reporting to the Global HR Director, the HR Business Partner will work closely with the VP of Global Manufacturing & Supply, the management team, and employees within UK manufacturing, warehouse, logistics, facilities and customer service; supporting them to achieve the optimum performance.
They will be responsible for monitoring and advising on all aspects of HR; identifying risks, opportunities and priorities and building these into a people plan for their departments. The role will also ensure any group HR initiatives are embedded successfully into their partner department/division.
The HR Business Partner will be required to be physically present within the partner division/department. It is expected that the HRBP would spend the majority of their time with the teams they partner. As the requirements for this role are located across multiple UK sites, they should ensure monthly presence at each site.
Responsibilities (Not exhaustive)
- Ensure HR support is aligned to the business plans and KPIs/objectives for the partner division/department; identify and address any people issues impacting delivery of these
- Ensure senior managers are aware of all key people matters for their teams and work in partnership to identify priorities and build into a people plan for the department
- Map skills requirements and competency levels for the team and work with the L&D partner to develop and implement a plan to close any gaps; feed this into individual development plans
- Regularly review the effectiveness of the team structure and ways of working with the wider business, make recommendations for improvement where necessary. Manage changes appropriately, ensuring compliance with employment legislation and associated best practice
- Support hiring managers with recruitment, working together with the Resourcing Partner and HR Operations team
- Drive the right behaviours across the teams; proactively encourage cross department/region collaborative working and big picture thinking. Champion the Clinigen Way
- Support the Head of HR Projects with the roll out of group wide HR projects; ensuring successful implementation for the partner division/department
- Experience operating in a similar role is essential; demonstrable experience of working autonomously and making decisions
- CIPD qualified (or equivalent) is highly desirable although not essential depending on experience
- Strong, up to date knowledge of UK employment law
- A strong track record of Organisational Design is preferred
- Confident dealing with senior managers and employees at all levels
- Experience of partnering diverse teams across multiple sites; comfortable with travel
- A background of working with blue collar populations is essential
- Experience working in pharmaceutical / healthcare / life sciences industry advantageous
- Highly computer literate; experience operating with all Microsoft Office software
- Experience of using HR information software and ERP systems would be an advantage
If this role is of interest to you, please email a recent copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.