Clinigen Group plc is a rapidly-growing global specialty pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses focused on delivering the right medicine to the right patient at the right time to improve the quality of people’s lives around the world. The group consists of complementary businesses that focus on key areas of global medicine supply: clinical trial, unlicensed and licensed medicines. Our businesses can operate efficiently in a complex global regulatory environment and can ensure that precious medicines are delivered securely and effectively, wherever they are needed throughout the product lifecycle.
We are currently 1200+ people, headquartered in the UK, with sites in Burton-on-Trent, Weybridge and the North East and global offices in the US, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, South Africa, Singapore and Athens. Clinigen is a rapidly growing company that has a great future ahead. To sustain our growth, we’re always on the lookout for motivated, ambitious and committed individuals to join our highly successful team.
The Health and Safety Coordinator is to provide support to ensure a safe and suitable working environment which is compliant with current Health and Safety legislation. To embed a positive safety culture and best practice at all levels of the organisation.
We have two positions available, one based in our Byfleet Warehouse and one in our Stretton Warehouse.
Responsibilities (Not exhaustive)
- Promote H&S best practices of the organisation to encourage continual improvement and reporting / action of ‘near miss’ situations
- To support visits by external regulatory bodies such as the UK Health and Safety Executive, as and when required
- Develop and deliver training sessions to meet employee training needs
- To support the role of the company’s Health and Safety committees, including arranging and attending meetings
- Support managers to maintain safe systems of work and implement best practice, including providing specialist advice and practical support as and when required
- Working with managers to prepare and carry out risk assessments; ensure that they are carried out in line with procedures and in a timely manner
- Supporting with the maintenance of Health and Safety systems and procedures to meet specific requirements, such as accident reporting and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), in a consistent and effective manner
Supporting with the collection, storage and analysis of accident and other H&S data and to feed into management reports, identify trends and recommend action
- Ability to interpret Health and Safety legislation and produce written policy
- Ability to design and deliver training
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and training experience
- Track record of delivering customer focused Health and Safety services
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise and analyse data
- Previous experience of the pharmaceutical industry would be an advantage
If this role is of interest to you, please email a recent copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.