Clinigen Group plc is a rapidly-growing global specialty pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses focused on delivering the right medicine to the right patient at the right time to improve the quality of people’s lives around the world. The Group consists of five synergistic businesses focused in three areas of global medicine supply: clinical trial, unlicensed and licensed medicines. Our group of complementary businesses can operate efficiently in a complex global regulatory environment and can ensure that precious medicines are delivered securely and effectively, wherever they are needed throughout the product lifecycle. Through five businesses, Clinigen Clinical Trial Services, Idis Managed Access, Idis Global Access, Link Healthcare and Clinigen Specialty Pharmaceuticals, we provide patient access to our own and other pharmaceutical companies’ products, whether to meet unmet medical needs or for use in clinical trials. We are currently 500+ people, headquartered in Burton-on-Trent in the UK, with offices in London, Weybridge, Surrey, the US, Australia, China, Japan, South Africa and Singapore. With a customer services team who speak over 19 languages between them, our clients from all over the world find us easy to do business with, while physicians and pharmacists find us a valuable source of information about how to access the medicines they need for their patients.
The role will be part of the management team with responsibility for the provision of accurate financial and management reporting for specific contracts. There will be extensive interaction across the business to play an active role in strategy, business development, forecasts, budgets and pricing.
The Key responsibilities for this role are to:
- Manage all operational financial and budgetary systems and processes.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts. Monitor and report progress throughout the year.
- Prepare monthly performance reports for all Divisions, EMT and Board of Directors.
- Implement and maintain financial control policies and procedures and ensure that these are adhered to.
- Manage and control the Group’s cash.
- Ensure that all Finance and Operations systems are effectively run so that they provide a stable base for the Group and provide accurate and up-to-date information on the companies’ financial status.
- Produce full Annual Group accounts that meet regulatory requirements in a timely manner.
- Financially evaluate all external contracts prior to commitment and negotiate where required. Work with business managers on all financial aspects.
- Build relationship with banks and other key external bodies.
- Comply with all bank covenants and reporting requirements.
- Implement back up procedures to ensure these are maintained in order to meet financial and regulatory requirements.
- ERP implementation.
- Annual reporting.
- Review all entity account balance sheets on a quarterly basis as ‘internal audits’.
- Co-ordinate external audit requirements and ensure processes are in place to meet all external audit requirements relating to the finance department.
- Management of the finance processing team.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to self motivate.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Solutions orientated
- Fully qualified accountant (CIMA or ACA)
- Demonstrable experience in a similar position (2 years minimum)
- Demonstrable business and commercial awareness
- Experience of leading a team
- Pharma knowledge is desirable but not essential
If this role is of interest to you please send a recent copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the Resourcing team will be in touch.