Clinigen Group plc is a rapidly-growing global specialty pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses focused on delivering the right medicine to the right patient at the right time to improve the quality of people’s lives around the world. The group consists of complementary businesses that focus on key areas of global medicine supply: clinical trial, unlicensed and licensed medicines. Our businesses can operate efficiently in a complex global regulatory environment and can ensure that precious medicines are delivered securely and effectively, wherever they are needed throughout the product lifecycle.
We are currently 1200+ people, headquartered in the UK, with sites in London, Burton-on-Trent, Weybridge and the North East and global offices in the US, Asia Pacific, South Africa, and across Europe. Clinigen is a rapidly growing company that has a great future ahead. To sustain our growth, we’re always on the lookout for motivated, ambitious and committed individuals to join our highly successful team.
Based in the North East, the Group Health and Safety Manager will provide operational leadership across the UK on Health and Safety ensuring the business continuously develops and implements best practice in all areas of health and safety.
Responsibilities (Not exhaustive)
- Responsible for Environmental compliance for the Group
- Determine Group environmental objectives and targets, including raising environmental awareness to its employees through the development and training of the HSE Committees and promoting awareness amongst its clients, suppliers and contractors through the implementation of operational procedures as well as environmental objectives and targets
- To be the lead on Health & Safety, representing the Company at strategic internal and external meetings as required
- To establish, monitor and review the health and safety function across the business, developing and implementing management systems to achieve compliance with all legislative requirements placing health and safety at the strategic core of all business activity
- Management of safety through a Safety Management System including audit / inspection and the establishment of high standards and expectations on employee behavioural safety
- To define and agree a range of effective performance management measures for the health and safety service, ensuring that these are consistently met or exceeded
- Co-ordinate comprehensive Health & Safety training to promote, develop and sustain a positive Health & Safety awareness culture
- Coordinate statutory training e.g. annual First Aid and Fire Warden training
- To manage and develop reporting staff
- Plan and undertake regular Check-ins with reporting staff, setting and agreeing specific and measurable KPIs
- Experience operating in a similar role is essential
- Required to travel to all business sites
- Relevant health and safety qualification (e.g. NEBOSH) required
- Experience in working in a GxP environment is advantageous but not essential
- Line management experience
If this role is of interest to you, please email a recent copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.