Clinigen Group plc is a rapidly-growing global specialty pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses focused on delivering the right medicine to the right patient at the right time to improve the quality of people’s lives around the world. The group consists of complementary businesses that focus on key areas of global medicine supply: clinical trial, unlicensed and licensed medicines. Our businesses can operate efficiently in a complex global regulatory environment and can ensure that precious medicines are delivered securely and effectively, wherever they are needed throughout the product lifecycle.
We are currently 1200+ people, headquartered in the UK, with sites in Burton-on-Trent, Weybridge and the North East and global offices in the US, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, South Africa, Singapore and Athens. Clinigen is a rapidly growing company that has a great future ahead. To sustain our growth, we’re always on the lookout for motivated, ambitious and committed individuals to join our highly successful team.
Reporting to the Divisional Finance Director, the Commercial Medicines Finance Director will have responsibility for the Financial and Commercial advice for the Commercial Medicines division. To provide support and challenge to MD and Exco through provision of finance and commercial acumen and experience
- Provide financial leadership and shape accounting strategy for Commercial Medicines, within boundaries of Group policy, with the aim to optimize the division’s financial and strategic position
- Contribute to the development of the division strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision making as appropriate
- Work in conjunction with Commercial Meds Exco to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans
- Lead and manage a small but diverse Finance team, across multiple sites, by establishing excellent ongoing working relationships with the team via recruitment, training and communication
- Ensure governance and budgetary control for Commercial Medicines division
- Co-ordinate weekly sales reporting and commentary for the SBU to the Senior Management of the Business
- Provide advice and challenge to all areas including Supply Chain activities, NPD assessment, budgets, forecasts and business plans
- Ultimate responsibility for Commercial Medicines cash flow requirements of sterling and foreign currency accounts in conjunction with group cash flow management
- Provide analytics for 3-5 year strategic plans
- Manage capital budgets including evaluation and preparation of submission of Capex proposals
- Statutory finance director and board member for Lamda Group of companies, managing a small independent finance function and ensuring that all statutory and regulatory requirements are met (annual accounts, quarterly TP declarations, annual tax returns, compliance with local companies act)
- Commercial involvement on Capital projects
- Manage production of ad hoc detailed analysis of performance (KPI’s)/dashboard management
The successful Commercial Medicines Finance Director will have the following:
- Ability to work autonomously
- Trustworthiness and discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Desire to professionally and commercially develop within a fast paced, growing business
- Pharmaceutical experience an advantage
- Full or part-qualified (ACCA, ACMA etc.)
- Experience in a similar position
- Experience of managing a senior budget holder
- Strong commercial awareness and analytical skills
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively to all Financial matters relating to the Business Units Experience of IFRS is preferred but not essential.
- Advanced excel skills, including pivot tables, Vlookups, graph creation.
- Experience of operating at a middle management level.
If this role is of interest to you, please email a recent copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com and a member of the Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.