Clinigen Group plc is a rapidly-growing global specialty pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses focused on delivering the right medicine to the right patient at the right time to improve the quality of people’s lives around the world. The Group consists of five synergistic businesses focused in three areas of global medicine supply: clinical trial, unlicensed and licensed medicines. Our group of complementary businesses can operate efficiently in a complex global regulatory environment and can ensure that precious medicines are delivered securely and effectively, wherever they are needed throughout the product lifecycle. Through five businesses, Clinigen Clinical Trial Services, Idis Managed Access, Idis Global Access, Link Healthcare and Clinigen Specialty Pharmaceuticals, we provide patient access to our own and other pharmaceutical companies’ products, whether to meet unmet medical needs or for use in clinical trials. We are currently 500+ people, headquartered in Burton-on-Trent in the UK, with offices in London, Weybridge, Surrey, the US, Australia, China, Japan, South Africa and Singapore. With a customer services team who speak over 19 languages between them, our clients from all over the world find us easy to do business with, while physicians and pharmacists find us a valuable source of information about how to access the medicines they need for their patients.
The role is responsible for Identifying and building relationships with Key Vendors and managing day to day sourcing activities.
The Key responsibilities for this role are:
Regional Procurement Strategy
- Work with Head of Region to identify key vendors, product classes and territories in support of company growth objectives (central and local sourcing, direct-to-site, DDLD, hard to access products, ancillaries)
- Improve vendor payment terms and identify synergies with other Clinigen group companies to improve buying power
- Improve key vendor performance through implementation and delivery of strategic objectives.
- Ensure Supply chain integrity at all times, maintaining as few links in the supply chain as possible and ensuring full traceability of products
- Look for opportunities to develop exclusive supply relationships with manufacturers for the supply of their commercial products into clinical trials
- Build and Manage relationships with key vendors to maximise opportunities and ensure the best pricing and terms possible is achieved
- Measure supplier performance through the implementation of KPI’s. Arrange and attend periodical face to face visits with key suppliers through attendance of exhibitions and commercial meetings
- Collaborate with QA to ensure key suppliers are periodically assessed on a risk analysis basis and audits/appraisals are scheduled accordingly
Supply chain operations
- Reduce product acquisition costs and negotiate favorable pricing terms whilst ensuring absolute supply chain integrity and security
- Manage a streamlined sourcing process ensures the most appropriate souring solutions are provided in a timely manner
- Devise appropriate supply strategies, taking into account all relevant factors; for example, the length of a trial, cost, continuity of supply and supply chain integrity
- Differentiate Clinigen CTS as the market leader by developing innovative and novel supply strategies
- Improve and utilise the sourcing library and shared tools, databases and services to provide the most efficient and cost effective products for supply
- Ensure world class customer service is provided both internally and externally
- Ensure the timely turnaround of enquires whilst ensuring the most effective sourcing strategy is provided
- Manage customer service levels and set targets for all exclusive distribution agreements
Management of Self & Others
- Manage, prioritise, and complete key inquiries and projects to a high standard
- Develop and coach peers/direct reports encouraging a focus on sourcing solutions that maximise efficiencies within the clinical trials supply chain
- Uphold and act as a role model of the Clinigen values
QA, Regulatory & Compliance
- Ensure all licenses, documentation, audits and associated QA activities are in place in support of vendor qualification
- Work with QA, Regulatory and Technical teams to identify opportunities to improve supply chain security, compliance and integrity
- Work with QA to ensure key suppliers are periodically assessed on a risk analysis basis
- Current with relevant legislation and its impact on business activities
- Make sure business systems and tools (e.g. CRM) are used correctly and accurately maintained
- Develop a strong working relationship with internal departments such as Finance, Logistics and Operations
- Be prepared to attend client facing meetings in support of both the Project Management and BD teams when required
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel etc.)
- Knowledge of working within MHRA license requirements - not essential but would be beneficial.
Understanding GDP – not essential but would be beneficial
If this role is of interest to you please send a recent copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the Resourcing team will be in touch.