Clinigen Group plc is a rapidly-growing global specialty pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses focused on delivering the right medicine to the right patient at the right time to improve the quality of people’s lives around the world. The Group consists of five synergistic businesses focused in three areas of global medicine supply: clinical trial, unlicensed and licensed medicines. Our group of complementary businesses can operate efficiently in a complex global regulatory environment and can ensure that precious medicines are delivered securely and effectively, wherever they are needed throughout the product lifecycle. Through five businesses, Clinigen Clinical Trial Services, Idis Managed Access, Idis Global Access, Link Healthcare and Clinigen Specialty Pharmaceuticals, we provide patient access to our own and other pharmaceutical companies’ products, whether to meet unmet medical needs or for use in clinical trials. We are currently 500+ people, headquartered in Burton-on-Trent in the UK, with offices in London, Weybridge, Surrey, the US, Australia, China, Japan, South Africa and Singapore. With a customer services team who speak over 19 languages between them, our clients from all over the world find us easy to do business with, while physicians and pharmacists find us a valuable source of information about how to access the medicines they need for their patients.
The role is responsible for leading key projects linked to the product(s) as defined by the Marketing Director in Clinigen Specialty Pharmaceuticals. There are two key objectives:
- To support delivery of the SP business goals in Clinigen
- To develop an understanding of the Specialty Pharmaceuticals business across different functions and develop the skills and capabilities for their next role.
Specifically, these projects will be linked to a product and will focus on market understanding, market research, product strategy development, product promotion and customer engagement, product supply contracts/tenders and business development evaluations. The role will require strong collaboration and drive to ensure the product delivers value to SP and Clinigen. They will have a strong internal and external customer focus and quickly react to new opportunities as well as managing issues as they arise.
The Key responsibilities for this role are:
1. Commercial Leadership
- Setting , delivery and report development of product KPIs
- Develop contingency plans to address any variance in KPI delivery vs. target
- Work effectively and cross-functionally with other members of the Clinigen Group to ensure timely delivery of our medicines to patients (‘Right medicine, right patient, right time’).
2. Market and customer understanding
- Work alongside the Marketing Director to help identify gaps in our customer and market understanding globally for the assigned product.
- Use desk research and primary market research to fill gaps in our market understanding as required by the SP strategic plans
- Develop and use market and customer insights - to grow the Clinigen SP business by identifying product opportunities and risks.
- Use market and customer insights to help inform future product sales and develop in-market tactics.
3. Strategic Planning and Operational delivery
- Develop appropriate annual tactical marketing plan with the Marketing Director which captures the key areas of market understanding, product ambition, strategy, forecasts and tactics.
- Work with the Marketing Director to project manage key marketing activities within the annual plan, e.g. KOL identification, advisory boards, congresses, promotional material, contract reviews, internal communications and strategic communications.
- Clearly report product against forecasts, actual sales, inventory and marketing spend on a monthly basis to ensure seamless product supply to patients.
- Work with operations and support teams (including Quality, Regulatory, IT, Finance, Customer Services and HR) to help achieve annual marketing plan.
4. Client Relationship Management and Service Delivery
- Establish strong links with external medical experts and groups to support awareness and correct use of our medicines in line with their benefit:risk profile and MAs by country.
- Ensure adherence to SOPs and Industry Codes of Practice are maintained.
5. People and Organisational Development
- Work with the Marketing Director to identify personal development needs and put in place a personal development plan
- Inspire Clinigen employees in the value of Clinigen SP and our medicines in a way that gains strong commitment and effective resources to support our goals
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Educated to degree level or above with a science or business degree preferred
- At least 2 years experience in a pharmaceutical global marketing role
- Strong track record of academic and personal achievement
- Strong collaborative drive and able to work well in a team environment
- Able to travel internationally for up to 10% of the time
- ABPI qualification or equivalent
If this role is of interest to you please send a recent copy of your CV to email@example.com and a member of the Resourcing team will be in touch.