Clinigen Group plc is a rapidly-growing global specialty pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses focused on delivering the right medicine to the right patient at the right time to improve the quality of people’s lives around the world. The Group consists of five synergistic businesses focused in three areas of global medicine supply: clinical trial, unlicensed and licensed medicines. Our group of complementary businesses can operate efficiently in a complex global regulatory environment and can ensure that precious medicines are delivered securely and effectively, wherever they are needed throughout the product lifecycle. Through five businesses, Clinigen Clinical Trial Services, Idis Managed Access, Idis Global Access, Link Healthcare and Clinigen Specialty Pharmaceuticals, we provide patient access to our own and other pharmaceutical companies’ products, whether to meet unmet medical needs or for use in clinical trials. We are currently 500+ people, headquartered in Burton-on-Trent in the UK, with offices in London, Weybridge, Surrey, the US, Australia, China, Japan, South Africa and Singapore. With a customer services team who speak over 19 languages between them, our clients from all over the world find us easy to do business with, while physicians and pharmacists find us a valuable source of information about how to access the medicines they need for their patients.
The role is responsible for the commercial relationship and sales growth of key customer accounts in the Spanish, LATAM and Italian regions and performance management of a small Account Executive team to deliver on specified regional customer driven KPIs.
The Key responsibilities for this role are:
Customer Account Development
- Oversee the delivery of country plan KPIs within agreed timeframes.
- Retain and maximize revenues from existing key accounts through relationship management.
- Consistently maintain account development plans for each key account.
- Agree process and manage customer tenders, price agreements and sales contracts ensuring timely follow up before expiry to ensure customers are retained.
Customer Account Leadership
- Support Account teams to develop customer account objectives in conjunction with country plan.
- MA and GA tactical and strategic business plans encompassed into country plan, ensuring that Account teams are supporting the internal customer goals.
- Provide a professional and polished competitive service to own customer accounts and develop team to do likewise, following up any queries and confirming customer satisfaction
- Achievement of individual, team and where relevant, project-specific KPIs (regular assessment and refinement where required)
- Develop effective working relationships with other Account Leads to maintain consistency of approach across teams and knowledge share.
- Develop effective working relationships with MA and GA teams to ensure Customer Services Department delivers the appropriate service by attending, cross functional and core project team meetings.
- To escalate any additional team training requirements to line manager and continuous improvement team
- To work closely with Continuous Improvement to ensure that there are no breaches in KPI or SLA agreements, and implementation of all corrective actions with respective team members.
- Create and maintain a positive, motivational working environment within the team
- Ensure an effective project integration process for every new product into CS whether through MA or GA
- Ensure that all CS training for programs are conducted using a briefing document, developed by Continuous Improvement and approved by the PM lead ensuring that any further client additions or content are included into the briefing document and action plans.
- System training is to be conducted using test applications before going live for new team members and for all new programs.
- With the support of Continuous Improvement, conduct any side by side coaching of team members to ensure that process, verbal and written language including data capture and customer communication is being delivered to, or higher than the KPI expectations and standards.
- Be available for all queries, complaints and escalation points and ensure that the programs do not operate out of client scope or outside of agreed process. Escalate to Program Manager/Customer Service Manager accordingly.
- Attend required meetings and report progress to internal stakeholders for any activities agreed to be carried out. Agree actions and follow through to conclusion.
- Review new MA programs after 2 weeks of activity and recommend/suggest process improvements. Flag any risks identified. Continue to review existing programs and create value.
- Regular meetings with PM to review the data, customers, queries and success rate of the program. Agree actions and follow through to conclusion.
- Direct responsibility for the leadership and personal development of Account Exec team
- Ensure all direct reports have comprehensive personal development plans, linked to objectives.
- Carry out performance reviews with direct reports, monthly (Products and Programs) and bi-annually (PDR’s)
- Ensure working knowledge of all products, programs, systems and processes to allow effective personal support of your team members.
- Working as part of a management team, establish team development plans to develop skills and capabilities.
- Ensure positive influence on customers leading to preferred Clinigen ordering
- Close working with finance/credit control team to achieve/exceeds expectations from customer feedback
- Act as a role model and work within Clinigen’s values and behaviours
- Ability to deal with customer orders and enquiries (end to end)
- Build the reputation of Clinigen through developing effective business relationships with clients, customers and contracted partners relevant organisations, societies and networks Develop and maintain effective business relationships with key Clinigen Group staff
- Ensure knowledge of industry trends and developments are relevant and up-to-date
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrable level of experience in a Customer Service, Sales or Account Management environment
- Be able to evidence a heightened sense of commercial & business awareness and an understanding of how to apply this within the regional team
- Experience in training and coaching a team to higher standards of competence and performance
- Fluent Language ability (both written and verbal) for assigned region- Spanish and Italian are essential; additional Portuguese is preferred. Applicants with language capability where not a native speaker must be able to converse to an excellent level across all mediums.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in using Microsoft packages and CRM systems
If this role is of interest to you please send a recent copy of your CV
to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.